Tuesday, October 24, 2006

MNF, We Won't Take It Anymore!

I would like to take this time to vent about ESPN’s Monday Night Football. I am fed up with the announcing crew and the constant “show” that some very good football games have been made into. I won’t get into how much the announcing stinks, just Google “MNF sucks” and you will find countless examples. I am venting about the constant celebrity guests that have to appear every week. A few weeks ago, I thought James Denton was about as worse as it could get. Okay, maybe that was the actual worse guest they could get, but the point is why does ESPN feel the need to interrupt good football games with these interviews? Listen, I love Emmitt Smith just as much if not more than anybody else, but even I’ll admit that if I want to know about him on Dancing with the Stars, then I’ll freakin’ watch that show! I heard someone say this past week that quality announcing has gone out the window these days, at least on TV. Television announcers rarely if ever give insight into the actual game such as down and distance, formations of the offense and defense, game strategy etc. Instead while the game is going on they plug ABC’s other shows that no one wants to watch. (except you Ugly Betty, which coincidentally, I have never seen plugged). If you want to hear an example of quality announcing, listen to a game broadcast on radio some time. So since I am so frustrated I decided to let ESPN know how I felt. I found this page on their website where you can send in a complaint. I did and I would encourage you to do the same. My only advice would be that you please be intelligent. If you just shoot them an e-mail that says they suck in all caps with a few choice swears thrown in, I don’t think they will take you too seriously. My hope is that they would receive enough complaints to realize that they have a legitimate problem on their hands and they will in turn take steps to correct it. Let ‘em know how you feel!

Contact ESPN (ESPN.com)

Also, here is a commentator address where you can send a letter to any commentator on ESPN. I would suggest doing this also, but like I said earlier no threats or swears but rather a coherent, intelligent explanation of your feelings about them and suggestion you have for improvement.

2 Comments:

Blogger Willie B said...

I too fell asleep watchin the Boys and the Giants play!

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone please tell, Kornhieser "this is MNF not PTI" ESPN get rid of TK now.

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home