Friday, October 20, 2006

News And Notes - Did You Know Edition

Did you know that fool Calvin Johnson, Jr. can’t lose? Even if Johnson gets sick or injured, he has an NCAA-affiliated insurance policy that would pay him up to $3 million if he can’t sign with an NFL team. If I’m Johnson, I might have to grab me some turf-toe and go chill for a few. On a serious note, I wonder how many other players have this policy in place, ie: Michael Bush and Adrian Peterson.

Did you know…Adimchinobe Echemandu (who??) may get the starting nod as the Raiders running back Sunday.

Did you know…that only 32 percent of Americans consider themselves fans of professional baseball? That is according to a new AP-AOL sports poll that was released Thursday. The poll also stated that 48 percent of fans want Barry Bonds to fall short of Hank Aaron's homerun record; 33 percent would like Bonds to break it, and another 16 percent said they didn't care. Hey, that only adds up to 97%. I think the other 3 % want just don’t want to ever see this again. Ever.

Did you know…teenagers and pedophiles aren’t the only ones gettin’ down on MySpace. (scroll down to “Support for Jackson”)

Did you know…Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren will wear a pink "cancer awareness" ribbon on the sideline during Sunday's game as part of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Look, just ‘cause homeboy has breasts, doesn’t mean he has to wear the ribbon – does it?


Blogger Situ said...

go find Stephen Jackson and Ron Artest's myspaces

4:16 AM  
Blogger Phil Silva said...

Great nickname for Randy Moss and Jerry Porter: "Glum and Glummer."

That is from PFT. the greatest nicknames ever??

7:25 AM  
Blogger Rose said...

those skiis yours.


7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home