Saturday, September 09, 2006

Football Friday Night Scores and Notes

Here are some scores of notable games from Friday.

Pittsburgh 33 - Cincinnati 15. By the way Bo, this is college just in case you were wondering how the Steelers were so good to win back to back nights.

High School games:
Southlake Carroll 49 – Richardson Lake Highlands 13. Young Dodge had 340 total yards and threw for 5 touchdowns. An okay night for the Dragons…more here.

South Grand Prairie 50 - Mansfield Summit 36. Somehow I beat me? Or did I lose to myself? If you don’t know what I’m talking about, I’m referring to the number one and number three ranked players in Texas. Go google Tray Allen and John Chiles. Then go here to read about the game.

Keller 42 - Weatherford 21. Hmmm…I remember some genius saying something about the Kangaroos not being that great of a team…also something about their lame middle school plays not working nearly as well after teams saw film of them…who was that again that said that…

Euless Trinity 28 - Tyler Lee 19. I really don’t have anything to say about this game. Oh wait…HAKA!!!

3-5A District Rundown:
Lubbock Monterery 42 – A-high 16. I personally witnessed this one. The Plainsmen had 335 rushing yards on the Eagles. That is not a type-o, they really ran through the Eagle defense for 335 yards! Can someone say Junior Ortegon at MLB?

El Paso Coronado 39 – Midland 23.

Odessa Permian 42 – Amarillo Tascosa 17

Midland Lee 20 – Wichita Falls Rider (4A) 13

Wolfforth Frenship (4A) 38 – Odessa 14.

The kings were off, this week. Excuse me Spradlin, they had a “bye.”
Speaking of the great Coogs, there is a new post up at the Cougar blizog about good ole’ Marty Secord and how his squad is doin’. Check it out at the link in the right column.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

I just thought I would clarify my comments regarding the Monterey/Abilene game. First of all, I merely stated facts. The Plainsmen had 335 yd rushing no matter how that may sound. Second, my Junior Ortegon reference is saying that maybe the Eagles should let him play middle linebacker. I am not trying to punk Ortegon, I am giving him a compliment saying that he is so good, if here were in at backer, he could have helped stop Monterey rushing attack.

1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home