Saturday, November 04, 2006

Mayweather Jr. vs. Baldomir


Tonight at the Mandalay Bay in Vegas (am I Vega?), Floyd Mayweather Jr. (36-0, 24 KOs) takes on welterweight champion Carlos Baldomir (43-9-6, 13 KOs). Baldomir weighed in at 147 lbs., and Mayweather Jr. weighed 146 lbs.

This will be the first time in six years that Floyd’s uncle Roger Mayweather, is not in his corner. Roger is in jail for jacking up his young sons grandma. Baldomir said "Basically, it's going to be a big excuse for Mayweather when he loses."

Pretty Boy isn’t too concerned either about his uncles absence, "I figure I should be able to go out there and conduct myself in an orderly fashion and put on a hell of a performance for 45 minutes". I think my boy Mayweather Jr. will win.

Other fights on this card:
• Featherweights: Robert Guerrero (36-3-1, 27 KOs) vs. Orlando Salido (27-9-2, 18 KOs), 12 rounds, for Guerrero's title
• Welterweights: Paul Williams (31-0, 23 KOs) vs. Mauro Lucero (42-11-1, 28 KOs), 10 rounds
• Heavyweights: Chris Arreola (17-0, 15 KOs) vs. Damian Wills (21-0-1, 15 KOs), 8 rounds

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home